The BC Salmon Farmers Association announces the 2019 farm tour season!
Join us on a tour and see for yourself what salmon farming is all about. You’ll have the opportunity to see a working farm and chat with the staff about the operations as well as enjoy a scenic boat ride from Campbell River through the Discovery Passage. You might spot some wildlife too! The tour lasts about 3.5 hours and lunch is included.
Guests will travel through Strathcona Park to Gold River by shuttle to meet the water taxi. You’ll travel in a covered boat through beautiful Nootka Sound to the salmon farm.
Last year, we toured over 400 guests, and heard that guests found the tours enlightening and gained a greater appreciation for the industry and the high level of expertise and technology applied in growing BC farm-raised salmon.
2019 Public Farm Tour Schedule
- Saturday, June 8
- Saturday, June 15
- Cost: $60/person including lunch featuring farm-raised salmon, and a comfortable water taxi ride through the scenic Discovery Islands.
- 9:45am: Guests meet at Tyee Plaza parking lot (Spirit Square – marked by large red sculptures) in Campbell River
- 10:00am: Leave for Gold River to meet water taxi to travel to salmon farm
- 3:30pm: Arrive back to Campbell River (Tyee Plaza)
Things to Bring
Guests are required to use footbaths, so a sturdy shoe is recommended (e.g. running shoes or rubber boots). No open-toe shoes please. We’ll spend most of our time outside so a jacket, hat, sunglasses and suntan lotion are good ideas for the trip.
Includes Shuttle from Campbell River to Gold River and a comfortable water taxi ride through Nootka Sound. Lunch is provided featuring farmed-raised salmon. A gluten-free lunch is available. Please contact Mairi for gluten-free option.
- A waiver will need to be completed before tour departure
The cost of the tour is $60.00
- For more information please contact – Mairi Edgar (250) 202-3268 or
BC Salmon Farmers Association requires 48 hours notice to cancel the tour.
** Tours may be cancelled due to weather by the tour operator**
Due to limited space on each tour, advanced booking is required.