Application deadline: open until filled (posted December 3, 2018)
Headquartered in Campbell River, BC (“Salmon Capital of Canada”), the BC Salmon Farmers Association represents 59 organizations operating at world-class standards for farming environmentally-sustainable salmon and other finfish. BC farm- raised salmon is our province’s highest valued seafood product, sustaining over 6,600 jobs; generating over $1.5 billion worth of economic activity; and providing families with a healthy, home-grown alternative to fragile wild salmon.
The BCSFA is looking for a dynamic communications professional to lead our efforts to grow and build outreach with community partners, and support communications activities that connect our companies, employees and suppliers with the broader public. Candidates should have expertise on the following core areas:
Community and partnership building:
- Providing outreach to places of learning and the broader culinary community so more British Columbians can experience our products.
Content generation and dissemination:
- Proactive and creative storytelling, and strategies to access channels for our content to travel and connect.
Mainstream and digital media relations:
- Media relations management and working to ensure our digital properties are accessible and relevant.
Tour and event management:
- Leadership in sponsorships and festivals, as well as chief organizer of our growing farm tour program and annual Seafood West Summit.
- Collaboration with our broad membership to ensure strong two-way communications and association program awareness.
This position will be located in our Campbell River headquarters, with competitive salary and full benefits. To apply, email with a resume and cover letter. Visit http://bcsalmonfarmers.ca/ for more information.